Monday 15 October 2012

Helping Residents


I'm in the Romford Recorder, page 41, with Upminster and Cranham Residents' Association councillors. This was an eye-opening day talking to local residents about what concerns them in the area.

I spoke to one man who used a mobility scooter, and he told me the pavements are uneven and sometimes difficult to get around. An estimated 14,000 adults in Havering have a disability, and I think it's vital that those residents have the same opportunity to access our borough as non-disabled people. I passed on his details to the councillors.

A number of residents complained about the council's car parking charges in Upminster Park. I explained how RA councillors had fought tooth and nail against the proposals and also fought for free parking at Christmas. Sadly the Tory-dominated council rejected this affordable proposal and residents lost out, but our councillors continue to push this issue and stand up for council tax payers' interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment